About Product Information Kirana Shop
These blocks of tamarind pulp are the tamarind fruit pods stripped of the outer husk, seeds are removed and compressed tightly together.
This is a fairly large block of tamarind and should last you for a long time
- To use, break a small chunk and mix it with a few tablespoons of hot water so that it melts into it.
- Souring agent in many soups
- Gives that tangy flavor in many curry recipes
- It is ideal in a marinade since its acidic quality helps to tenderize the meat.
- Whisked with fish sauce, sugar, and vinegar, tamarind is a staple of the base sauce used to make pad thai